A unique body therapy specifically for yoga practitioners, martial artists, sportsmen and women.
Developed by osteopath Tim Goullet, the system combines the diagnostic precision of osteopathy with additional analysis in the form of “archetypal” resting postures such as kneeling, sitting and squatting. The integration of specific yoga asanas, where relevant, helps to complete this bespoke in depth assessment. By looking at whole body patterns, biomechanical problems can be identified which are often not evident using a more orthodox approach. This is particularly helpful with recurrent injury patterns that have not responded to conventional therapy.
Treatment is given on the floor (on a futon) to enable a full expression of the body’s potential.
Using techniques from osteopathy, thai massage and shiatsu, yogabodywork is a fusion of eastern and western styles which gives powerful and long lasting results.
Having practiced yoga himself for 15 years, Tim is also adept at making small changes to yoga asanas to help you get the best from your practice. What’s more, you don’t need to be injured to benefit!
Benefits of Yogabodywork
- Identify the root cause of a problem for lasting results
- Improve flexibility of muscles and joint range of motion
- Restore symmetry to the body and yoga asanas
- Help with plateaus in yoga practice usually due to imbalance/stiffness
- Improve posture and breathing mechanics
- Improve sports performance
- Improve energy levels and look and feel better
- Preventative bodywork to keep injuries away